I don’t think this is considered gameplay, but I have a video I’d like to share with you about our track editor. In this video I demonstrate some of the capabilities of our editor. This is by no means the final version but it is the base. The UI will most definitely be changed and some other things as well. I have built in methods to load in pre-made heightmaps as well as view your track with our terrain shader enabled.
Here are some of the key features of our editor:
- Import custom made heightmaps made in photoshop or another program
- Import custom track objects (Trees, Tough blocks, Banners, Fences etc.) Colliders will automatically be enabled and you can specify if an object can move as well as the weight
- Import custom textures and normal maps (Our norms will be used if you don’t import your own at the time you import textures)
- Import custom brushes
- Import custom jump and corner templates
- Move, Scale, Rotate objects with ease instead of having to go to a file to move it ‘manually’
- Set flagger/jump light positions
- Choose how many gates you wish to have (2,5,10,20,40)
Although none of those things are showed in the video, I have a lot of them done already. Like I said, this is the base editor so go easy on it 😀 I just wanted to get some more content out there for you guys to see. I have no ETA on when I’ll feel comfortable putting up some actual gameplay, but just know it’s coming!
Here’s the video:
Huge thanks to everyone that is supporting us! Your excitement and passion motivates us more and more each day.